New Year; New Bulking Meal Plan
Anyone can build muscle, easy. But if the goal is want to be Huge (and yes, that’s huge with a capital H), it needs to be done right.
To build muscle, both weight training, and a high-calorie diet must be followed. But for the best results, there’s more that can be done.
People often use dirty bulking techniques to achieve gains worthy of being described as ‘that massive guy’. They command people’s attention with a physique usually only seen in magazines.
Read on for the best bulking meal plan, and all the secrets to getting BIG, QUICK.
Bulking – the SECRET to Getting Big
Most people know the basics of bulking: they should eat more calories than are burned, increase protein intake, and dramatically increase weight training. An essential tool during any bulk is a calorie calculator to help determine total calorie requirements. During a bulk, the calories consumed should be around 10-20% higher than the amount required to maintain weight.
Aside from calories, bulkers should also consider macronutrient ratios. The ideal bulking ratio sits somewhere around 40% from carbs, 30% from protein, and 30% from fat. Anyone bulking should pay attention to macros but they should also make sure to remember the main goal is increasing energy intake.
After the bulking phase, it’s just as important to include a cutting phase, otherwise known as the fat loss phase. They should complete a bulking phase to increase overall body mass (including muscle) and then they should complete a cut by gradually decreasing calorie intake to remove any excess fat.
Dirty Bulk vs. Clean Bulk: What Is the Best Muscle Building Diet?
The clean, or lean bulk is a traditional, eat healthy to bulk up plan. It focuses on increasing the intake of healthy and sustainable foods. Macronutrient ratios should be tracked during a clean bulk and ultimately this is the healthiest option
A clean bulk is great for a long term, sustainable diet that will help build muscle gradually. People report great results from clean bulking but to get quicker results they often invest in high-quality mass gainers to provide extra calories.
But, building muscle through a clean bulk can be a lengthy process. The phrase ‘dirty bulk’ is often thrown around in the gym, but not many people really know exactly what a dirty bulk entails. A dirty bulk consists of gaining weight, quickly, using any means possible.
A dirty bulk includes the MOST calorie-dense foods. Those completing a dirty bulk should expect to eat all the guiltiest pleasures, fast-food, and ultra-processed snacks. The dirty bulk will enable someone to put on significant muscle mass in a short period of time. Coupled with a cutting phase to eliminate any excess body fat, the dirty bulk is often used by the biggest bodybuilders.
If they are ready to binge to extremes train like mad and get quick results, the dirty bulk will show great results.
Bulk Up Easily Using Our Dirty Bulk Guide
Believe it or not, the biggest problem faced by those dirty bulking is actually not eating enough. Here is the ultimate dirty bulk guide for anyone looking to increase their intake. Each day, they should simply select one option from each category and get eating.
Depending on specific requirements, most people will likely need to eat between 4000-5000 calories. Remember, the more the better so they should always have a stash of chocolate and sweet treats handy.
Classic bulkers breakfasts include:
Mid-morning snacks include:
Essential lunches in a bulk include:
Don’t forget energy-dense afternoon snacks such as:
- Coconut Peanut Butter Bites
- Chocolate Protein Smoothie
- Handfuls of nuts and seeds
Make sure to eat a large portion at dinner, these can include:
- Tuna and egg pasta bowls
- Large burger and fries with a full sugar Coke
- Chilli con Carne served with rice
Finish the day with an evening snack:
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Birthday Cake Protein Balls served with ice cream
6 Totally Legal Products That Will Give Illegal Looking Gains
During a dirty bulk, the pressure is ON for them to eat and train harder than before. But, there are some totally legal cheats that they can use to boost performance and appearance during a dirty bulk.
- EAAs – these are a must-have muscle building supplement. It boasts a high Essential Amino Acid blend with added Branched Chain Amino Acid’s (both known to be important for gains). It has been shown to double muscle growth and fat loss, boost mood.
- BCAAs – Branched Chain Amino Acids increase lean muscle mass and decreases muscle loss. They reduce muscle soreness, getting people back to training at their peak level quicker.
- Preworkouts – The right pre-workout supplement provides the extreme motivation needed to reach the best goals, quickly. High-quality preworkouts give tangible increases in strength, reps, and recovery, alongside active muscle swelling.
- Quality Mass Gainers – Be sure to use a high-grade mass gaining formula made with complex carbs, 100% whole protein sources, and free from artificial colors and dyes. The right mass gainer can add quality mass without excessive amounts of filler that could lengthen your cutting phase.
- Budget Friendly Mass Gainers – Putting on mass could get costly. Sometimes it’s worth using a post-workout gainer that can provide the calories you need without sacrificing the quality of protein. These gainers can help bulkers to recover from hard training without breaking the bank.
Dirty Bulking: Frequently Asked Questions
When it comes to dirty bulking, the same questions are asked over and over again. It’s important that people understand exactly how to dirty bulk before they commit to a training regimen so here are the top 6 FAQs, explained simply.
Is It Possible to Gain More Muscle During a Dirty Bulk?
Done correctly, both clean and dirty bulking will help increase muscle mass. But the biggest bodybuilders often opt for the dirty bulk. They do this for quick and dramatic results. In a nutshell, muscle gain will come down to energy intake and training style. By dirty bulking, their energy intake is likely to be higher than in a clean bulk and therefore most people will probably gain more muscle mass.
What Are Some Tips for Successful Bulking?
Everyone is different but there are a few, universally accepted sure-fire ways to do a successful bulk. Here are the top 10 tips for bulkers if they want to be successful:
- Track calories eaten vs calories burnt
- Spend more time in the gym and lift heavy
- Reduce cardio – this may burn too many calories for a bulk
- Use free weights – they will activate all muscle groups
- Follow a clear bulking meal plan
- Be consistent and take progress pictures!
- Use supplements where appropriate
- Make sure to take rest days to let muscles heal and grow
- Use coupon sites to find all the best deals on supplements
- Make sure to get enough sleep
What Is the Easiest Way to Eat 4,000 Calories a Day?
A bulker should eat three, huge meals a day and snack in-between. They should eat energy-dense foods but they also shouldn’t be afraid to add in sporting supplements such as energy and protein shakes to help them achieve their calorie goals.
How to Gain Muscle Mass Without Gaining Belly Fat?
During a dirty bulk, some people may gain belly fat, but this is all part of the process. During the bulking stage, the goal is to increase MASS, in both muscle and fat form. The cut phase is where they start to burn that fat and show muscular definition.
After Bulking up, Is It Possible to Cut Without Losing Muscle?
A degree of muscle loss can be expected during a cut but if done right, it should be insignificant. People should still train effectively by continuing to maintain their weight training program and minimizing cardio. If they are concerned about losing muscle mass, bulkers are encouraged to look at fat burning supplements to maintain muscle while in a cut.
Is Bulking in Bodybuilding Healthy?
Absolutely. Building muscle is one of the healthiest things people can do for their bodies. The only thing to watch out for is eating unhealthy foods over a prolonged period of time. When not in a bulking phase, they should make sure to eat a varied and healthy diet.
Start a Bulking Meal Plan Today!
Armed with all the best tips for effective dirty bulking, it’s time to get started. Load up on pasta, bread, and sweet treats – it’s time to begin the ultimate bulking meal plan and weight training program.