Craving cookies? Try our carob chip cookies! They taste similar to your mom’s homemade chocolate chip cookies but have a healthier spin on them. This way you can indulge in a couple and not worry that you broke the calorie bank! Our cookies are made with whole wheat flour, protein powder, and honey to make sure your diet stays clean and your taste buds stay satisfied!
Carob chips, huh? These naturally sweet chips are derived from the dried and roasted pod of the carob tree. Carob is less bitter than chocolate and is low in fat.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 scoops ISOFLEX Vanilla Protein Powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup carob chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together the dry ingredients.
- Cream the butter, honey, egg, and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in the carob chips
- Drop by teaspoons onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes and let cool. (Makes 3 dozen)
Nutritional Facts (for two cookies)
- Calories: 159
- Protein: 4.2 g (16 cal)
- Fat: 7.8 g (70 cal)
- Carbohydrates: 18.1 g (72 cal)