Halloween ISONATURAL Pucker-Up Squares
If you like your sweets tart, then these pucker-up squares will have you doing just that!
Packed full of vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant, and a nutrient you want to stock up on during this time of year, these delicious Halloween treats are a colorful way to celebrate the ghoulish season.
We’ve even snuck in a little extra protein as an extra treat!
- 1 orange
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 scoops ALLMAX ISONATURAL
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sifted icing sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, (room temperature)
Filling for Squares
- 2 limes
- 2 lemons
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- Black & orange food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C)
- Lightly spray or oil bottom and sides of a 9 x 13-in (3-L) baking dish.
- Grate peel from the orange then place peel into a food processor; add flour & IsoNatural mix, coconut & icing sugar, and whirl until blended.
- Add the butter cut into cubes and pulse until a coarse crumb texture is formed.
- Press mixture evenly & firmly over the bottom of the baking dish.
- Bake in the centre of preheated oven until lightly golden around edges, approximately 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Then reset the oven to a lower temperature of 325F (160C)
- In a separate bowl, grate peel from limes, then squeeze juice from limes & lemons into a measuring cup. If necessary, add orange juice to measure ¾ cup (175 ml) of citrus juice.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs, add juice mixture & lime peel.
- In a medium-size bowl, blend flour with sugar, now combines the wet and dry mixtures.
- Pour over hot baked crust. Just before returning to the oven, randomly add a drop or two of your food colorings, using a toothpick swirl through topping to create your Halloween design.
- Now return to the oven and bake on the center rack until filling is set. Approximately 30-35 minutes.
- Allow cooling completely before cutting into 2-in squares.
Makes about 30.
Nutrition Facts per Serving
- Calories: 88
- Total Fat: 3.6 g
- Total Carbs: 13.3 g
- Protein: 5 g