High Protein Bison Burgers
Sick of eating chicken and tuna? Try eating some bison for a change!
While the sound of it might seem a little uncanny, bison is a perfect clean eat because it is high in protein and minerals and low in fat, calories and cholesterol. Its taste is similar to ground beef, but at a fraction of the calories and fat. A 3 ounce serving of beef contains 9 g of fat and 211 calories; whereas the same amount of bison contains only 2 g of fat and 143 calories.
The sweet and flavorful taste of bison is quite unforgettable. It has recently become quite popular among chefs because of its versatility. It can be barbequed as a steak or used in burgers, meatballs, or meatloaves when in ground form.
- 1 lb ground bison
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 3 tbsp. dehydrated onion flakes
- 1 omega-3 egg
- 1 scoop of ISOFLEX Vanilla
- Preheat barbeque.
- Mix all of the ingredients together, making sure to mix just until incorporated (do not over mix).
- Form into 4 patties and place on barbeque. Cook for 10 minutes or until meat is thoroughly cooked.
- Place on whole wheat buns if desired, or top with condiments of choice, such as pickles, lettuce, tomato, or mustard.
Nutritional Information per Burger
Fat: 18 g (162 cal)
Protein: 28.5 g (114 cal)
CHO: 0 g (0 cal)