Almonds are one of those foods that not only taste amazing, but are incredibly good for you too! They are one of the healthiest nuts around as they are filled with protein, fiber, calcium and magnesium.
In fact, one ounce of almonds contains 12% of your daily protein requirement and 35% of your daily vitamin E requirement. They go with just about anything and can be added to muffins and cereal, and are the perfect portable snack! Recent research has shown that they can aid in cancer prevention and lower cholesterol.
- 1/2 cup dry roasted almonds
- 2 scoops ISOFLEX Vanilla Protein Powder
- Splash skim milk
- 2 tbsp Almond butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla yogurt
- 1 packet of Stevia
- Mix the protein powder with just enough milk to make a thick and smooth paste.
- Add the almond butter, yogurt, and Stevia and mix until smooth.
- Add the almonds until they are covered.
- Pour almonds onto a piece of parchment paper that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Freeze and enjoy after 1 hour.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information per serving
Protein: 15 g (60 cal)
Fat: 14 g (126 cal)
Carbohydrates: 5 g (20 cal)