- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 chopped Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 4 oz diced Green Chile Peppers (not hot)
- 4 oz Jalapeno Peppers (sort of hot)
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper (hot)
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans of low fat Chicken Stock
- 3 cups (or more) Shredded Chicken
- 3 (15 oz) cans White Beans (Cannellini/Kidney) or (red) Kidney Beans
- Fat Free Cheddar Cheese
- Cook chicken on low in crock pot over night (easiest way to shred) – OR – Grill chicken and then shred with a fork.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Toss in onion and saute until cooked (clear).
- Mix in garlic, jalapeno, green chile pepper, cumin, oregano and cayenne. Continue to stir ingredients and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Mix in chicken broth (make sure it’s not cold), shredded chicken and white beans.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, stir often.
- Serve with cheddar cheese over top.