The Maximum Overload Training program is an intense training protocol that can lead to unbelievable gains. Developed to systematically overload a muscle group through low rep, high weight training, this program is a good way to bust through a plateau. If you’ve been training in the 8 – 12 rep range, and find yourself in a rut, this program will shock your system into new growth.
The name says it all – it stands for Maximum Overload Training. In addition to the almost ridiculous growth potential, what many people like about this program is that you’re in and out of the gym in 30 – 40 minutes max. In fact, it’s recommended that 30 minutes to complete your workout is ideal. Here are the main tenets of the Max OT protocol.
- Each workout should take only 30-40 minutes, at a maximum!
- Only 1-2 body parts are to be trained in each workout.
- Do 6-9 heavy sets in total per muscle group.
- Each set consists of 4-6 heavy reps.
- Rest 2-3 mins between each set.
- Train each muscle group ONLY once every 5-7 days.
- Take a 1 week break from the gym after every 8-10 weeks of Max OT training.
INTENSITY IS THE NAME OF THE GAME HERE – GIVE EACH TRAINING SESSION EVERYTHING YOU HAVE.Pick a weight that you can only lift four to six times per set. In order to squeeze the most out of every set, rest between 2 to 3 minutes between sets. If you follow this protocol correctly you should be in and out of the gym in 30 minutes. Beyond that, it’s up to you. Four and five day splits work best with Max-OT, and it’s recommended that you take a week off every eight to 10 weeks.
Sample Max OT Training Program
- Pre-Workout: 1 serving MUSCLEPRIME
- Intra-Workout: 1 serving AMINOCORE
- Post-Workout: 1 servings CARBION + 5g Creatine + 5g Glutamine, 1 servings ISOFLEX
Sunday – Legs (Quads + Hamstrings)
- Leg Extension: 3 x 4-6
- Standing Leg Curl: 3 x 4 – 6
- Stiff-Legged Deadlift: 3 x 4-6
- Squats: 3 x 4-6
- Lying Leg Curl: 3 x 4-6
- Leg Press: 3 x 4-6
Monday – Biceps & Triceps
- Weighted Dips: 2 x 4-6
- Barbell Curls: 3 x 4-6
- Triceps Pushdown: 3 x 4-6
- Reverse Curls: 3 x 4-6
- Close-Grip Bench Press: 4 x 4-6
- Chin-Ups: 3 x 4-6
Tuesday – Cardio
Wednesday – Chest & Shoulders
- Barbell Shrugs: 3 x 4-6
- Decline Fly: 3 x 4-6
- Lateral Raise: 4 x 4-6
- Bench Press: 3 x 4-6
- Arnold Press: 2 x 4-6
- Chest Press: 3 x 4-6
Thursday – Cardio
- High Row: 2 x 4-6
- Good Mornings: 2 x 4-6
- Deadlift: 3 x 4-6
- Rack Chin-Ups: 2 x 4-6