When you are truly serious about maximizing the results you obtain from your fitness regimen, you must remain on point with your workouts even while you are at home with the All Dumbbell Home Workout. So, does this mean you will require an entire commercial gym filled with fancy machines and equipment to keep your muscles powerful, primed and pumped? Not at all! With just a few sets of simple Dumbbells and a strategically planned workout protocol, one can train the entire body quite effectively – thus making sure you don’t lose the progress you fought so hard to come by in the months prior. With that in mind, check out this all-DB workout routine that will not only help you maintain but perhaps even push you to GAIN (more muscle)!
Before getting into the actual workouts, first let me explain that DB training does, in fact, have some advantages that Barbells and most machines do not provide:
- DBs maximize the use of stabilizer muscles.
- DB exercises can be done bi or unilaterally.
- With DBs each side of the body is forced to perform equally.
- DBs are excellent for fixing strength imbalances between each side of the body.
- DBs make it easy to use intensity techniques such as supersets and dropsets
The All Dumbbell Home Workout – Tempo Upper Body Blast:
- Flat DB Press (4/1/X tempo)…3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Incline DB Flye (2/2/1 tempo)…3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Two Arm DB Bent Row w/ Palms Facing Rear (3/1/1 tempo)…3 sets of 10-12 reps
- One Arm DB Row (2/1/1/1 tempo)…3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Seated DB Press (4/1/X tempo)…2 sets of 8-10 reps
- Two DB Upright Row (2/1/1/1 tempo)…2 sets of 8-10 reps
- Seated DB Bent Rear Lateral (2/1/1 tempo)…1 set of 10-12 reps
- Standing Alternating DB Curl (3/1/1/1 tempo)…2 sets of 6-8 reps
- Seated Hammer Concentration Curl (3/1/1/1 tempo)…2 sets of 8-10 reps
- Incline Two Arms Overhead Single DB Extension (3/2/1 tempo)…2 sets of 8-10 reps
- Lying Two Arm Two DB Extensions (2/1/1 tempo)…1 sets of 8-10 reps
- DB Kickback (2/0/1/1 tempo)…1 set of 10-12 reps
- Lying Crunch Holding DB on Chest (2/0/1/1 tempo)…3 sets of 20-25 reps
The All Dumbbell Home Workout – Leg Lashing:
- Walking DB Lunge: 3 x 10-12 per leg
- *Exercise Tip – Make sure to take long strides on every rep to fully engage the quads, hams and glutes.
- DB Squat: 3 x 12-15
- *Exercise Tip – Use wrist wraps to secure your grip so that you can better focus on your thighs throughout the set.
- Superset of Alternating DB Bench Step Ups and Plié DB Squats: 2 x 13-15 per leg/10-12
- *Exercise Tip – When performing Plié Squats take a very wide stance and rotate your ankles so the feet point outward at about a 60-70-degree angle.
- DB Stiff Leg Deadlift: 3 x 10-12
- Single Leg DB Calf Raise: 3 x 16-20 per leg
- Superset of DB Stiff Leg Deadlift only Rising to Knee Height and Single Leg DB Calf Raise: 2 x 10-12/16-20 per leg
The All Dumbbell Home Workout – Upper/Lower Superset Scorcher
- Superset #1: Incline DB Press/Alternating Reverse DB Lunge…3 x 7-9/13-15 per leg
- Superset #2: Two DB Bent Row (palms facing inward)/DB Squats…3 x 10-12 each
- Superset: #3: Standing DB Side Lateral/DB Stiff Leg Deadlift…2 x 10-12 each
- Superset #4: Seated Alternating DB Curl/Alternating DB Bench Step Ups…2 x 7-9/13-15 per leg
- Superset #5: Lying Two Arm Two DB Extension/Single Leg DB Stiff Leg Deadlift…2 x 10-12/10-12 per leg
- Superset #6: Seated Bench Knee Raises With DB Between Feet/Single Leg DB Calf Raise…2 x max reps/13-15 per leg
Supplement Stack for SuccessNot only is it important to get your workouts in and supply yourself with an adequate supply of the macronutrients necessary to support muscle maintenance, but to also keep a few key supplements consistently in your program – even while on vacation. And while one cannot be expected to bring their entire cabinet of products along while traveling, here is a list of a few key supplements that should make their way into your suitcase!
ISOFLEX: The highest quality whey protein isolates on the market, created by using a unique extraction technology known as HRI. This allows ALLMAX to deliver a WPI with extremely low lactose, fat, sugar, and carbs and filled with enhanced bioactive whey fractions.
- Take a serving to meet your protein needs at any time of day, but most importantly as part of the post-workout meal.
AMINOCORE: Research has proven that the specific 9:6:5 ratio of BCAA’s found in AMINOCORE is the most effective in the industry. Delivering over 8 total grams of flash freeze-dried, highly soluble (via INSTACLEAR) BCAA’S per serving, AMINOCORE was created to increase protein synthesis, reduce protein breakdown, enhance energy, and hasten recovery from intense training.
- Take a serving in the morning upon awakening and sip a serving during your workout. Can also be used in between meals to stave off hunger and reduce cravings.
CARBION: Contains a scientifically engineered blend of various (slow, medium, and quick-absorbing) carbohydrates, supplying the body with both rapid and long-lasting energy before workouts, and optimal glycogen re-storage after. The addition of electrolytes will prevent muscle cramping as well as optimize muscle contractions and transmission of nerve impulses.
- Take a serving about 30-45 minutes before training and 1-2 servings immediately post training.
IMPACT PUMP: This is a stimulant-free pre-workout product that was engineered to increase focus and mental acuity, while intensely enhancing blood flow to muscles for a mind-blowing “pump.” Together these effects allow for more intense and productive workouts while igniting hypertrophy via greater muscle cell expansion.
- Take a serving along with CARBION about 30-45 minutes before a workout.
VITASTACK: This is the most comprehensive, meticulously designed vitamin/mineral supplement ever developed. It provides every micronutrient, herb, and compounds any hard-training athlete could want for enhancing the health, productivity, and functionality of all bodily systems.
- Take one packet with breakfast